Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Mi Futura Familia

In less than 24 hours I will be driving to Omaha with my parents. My flight is at 7:20 A.M. Friday morning so my parents and I will be driving to Omaha tomorrow afternoon. Since I last blogged I have learned a lot of information about my host family! I feel so blessed and grateful to have been chosen to live with the Flores family. My host mom's name is Aída. She is in her sixties and has four children. I will be living in a condo with my host mom and eventually my new sister Marylinda!!! (Marylinda is currently in Atlanta completing a one-year internship with the Marriott Hotel and will be returning in late January.) Their condo is directly across from the university which will ensure my safety and also be very convenient. On either side of the condo live two of Aída's other children; Oscar is married with two children and her other daughter also named Aída is married with three children. Aída's fourth child, Kirk, is also married with one child but he and his family will not be living with all of us. My host mom watches the grandchildren while the adults go off to work. My host mom is currently in Ecuador and will be returning to Peru on Monday. Her daughter, Aída, will be picking me up at the airport on Friday. I have received e-mails from my host mom and both of her daughters. They all seem extremely welcoming and very kind. I can't wait to meet all of them. I feel beyond blessed to be able to live with them for the next four months!!!

In closing, I would like to thank all of you for the many prayers and encouraging words. I will be traveling all by myself from Nebraska to Peru and I am both very scared and excited. I have been on an emotional roller coaster these past couple of days. At times I am so excited and cannot wait to experience the food, culture, and language and am beyond excited to live with the Flores family. Then there are times when I have already begun to miss my friends and family and am nervous about the entire experience. The e-mails, phone calls, text messages, and letters I have all received the past couple of days have come at the exact right time. I cannot thank you all enough for your support. I am so blessed. 

Next time I blog expect it to be from Peru!!!! 

Love,
Mary 

2 comments:

  1. Have you found out yet if they have a pet?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mary, I hope you have a wonderful experience. Take care.

    ReplyDelete